Work from home jobs have become increasingly popular over the past year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Remote work has become the new norm, and many companies are now open to hiring employees who work from home. People are looking for ways to work from the comfort of their own homes while earning a decent salary. Fortunately, there are plenty of legitimate work from home jobs that pay well. In this article, we will explore some of the top paying work from home jobs in 2021. Whether you are looking for a full-time job or a side hustle, there are options for you. These jobs range from coding and programming to writing and editing to virtual accounting and bookkeeping. With the right skills and experience, you can earn a decent income while working from home. Let’s dive in and explore some of the best work from home jobs of 2021.
If you have programming skills and enjoy working independently, a remote software development job might be a great fit for you. Here are some key points to keep in mind:
- Companies are constantly looking for qualified software developers, and remote work is becoming more common.
- Working remotely as a software developer means you can choose your own schedule and work from anywhere in the world.
- The annual salary for a remote software developer can range from $50,000 – $150,000, depending on your skill level and experience.
- Some popular job search websites to find work from home tech jobs include Indeed, Glassdoor, and Remote.co.
If you are an experienced programmer looking for a high-paying remote job, be sure to check out these job boards to explore opportunities.
What is it like to work remotely as a software developer?
- Remote work as a software developer provides flexibility in terms of location and schedule.
- Communication with team members may require more effort and clear communication channels.
- Remote work may require self-motivation and discipline to maintain productivity and focus.
- Virtual workspaces like GitHub and Slack help remote teams stay organized and connected.
Medical Coding and Billing
For those interested in healthcare and have strong attention to detail, medical coding and billing can be a lucrative remote job. Here’s what you need to know:
|Can earn up to $60,000 per year||May require certification and ongoing education|
|Flexible schedule and work-life balance||Requires high accuracy and attention to detail|
|High demand for medical billing and coding professionals||Can be repetitive and tedious work|
It’s important to note that certification is required for medical coding and billing professionals. However, once certified, you can work from home and enjoy some of the benefits of a remote career.
There are a number of websites and companies that offer remote medical coding and billing positions. Some popular job search websites to find work from home medical billing and coding jobs include Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and FlexJobs.
What are the highest paying job for medical coder?
Here are some of the highest paying job titles for medical coders:
- Medical Coding Manager
- Medical Records Auditor
- Coding Compliance Director
- Clinical Documentation Improvement Supervisor
- Medical Coding Trainer
It’s important to note that salary can vary based on location, level of experience, and the organization you work for. Researching salary ranges for specific job titles and locations can give you a better idea of what to expect.
For more information on medical coding careers and salaries, check out the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) and the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
Social Media Management
As more and more businesses use social media platforms to promote their products and services, the demand for social media managers has increased. Here’s what you need to know about this work from home job:
- Social media managers can earn up to $70,000 per year.
- They are responsible for creating and implementing social media strategies for businesses.
- This job requires strong communication skills and knowledge of various social media platforms.
- Flexible work hours allow for work-life balance.
Some popular websites to find social media management jobs include Indeed, Glassdoor, and Upwork. Those interested in pursuing a career in this field should also consider taking courses and certifications in social media marketing to enhance their skills and stand out to potential employers.
What is the best salary for social media manager?
According to PayScale, the average salary for a social media manager is $50,953 per year in the United States. However, this can vary depending on factors such as years of experience, location, and industry.
- Entry-level social media managers typically earn around $35,000 to $45,000 per year.
- Experienced social media managers with 5-10 years of experience can earn around $60,000 to $70,000 per year.
- Top-level social media managers with over 10 years of experience can earn over $100,000 per year.
Freelance Writing and Editing
Freelance writing and editing is a popular work from home job that offers a lot of flexibility. If you have strong writing skills and attention to detail, this might be the job for you. Here are some key points:
- You can earn anywhere from $20 to $100 per hour as a freelance writer or editor.
- You can choose your own projects and clients according to your interests and availability.
- This job requires excellent writing and grammar skills.
- You can find work on freelance websites like Upwork or Fiverr, or by creating a profile on job boards like ProBlogger or Freelance Writing Jobs.
- Gaining experience and building a portfolio of work is important for getting higher paying freelance gigs.
It’s important to note that the freelance writing and editing market can be competitive, so it’s important to have a strong pitch and highlight your skills to potential clients. Additionally, continuously expanding your knowledge and diversifying your writing scope can help expand your opportunities as a freelancer.
What is freelance writing and editing?
Freelance writing and editing involves writing and editing content for clients on a project-by-project or contract basis. As a freelance writer, you have the flexibility to work on various topics and niches, creating content for a range of industries and clients. Freelance editing involves reviewing and improving the quality of content, checking for grammatical errors, and ensuring that the content meets the client’s requirements.
Some popular websites for freelance writers include Upwork, Freelancer, and Fiverr. These platforms help connect writers with clients seeking content creation and editing services. Additionally, some freelancers may offer their services through their own personal websites or social media accounts.
Virtual Accounting and Bookkeeping
Virtual accounting and bookkeeping positions are becoming increasingly popular, especially with small business owners. Here are some of the key points:
- Small business owners can save money by hiring a virtual accountant or bookkeeper, rather than an in-house employee.
- You can work from home and manage your own clients on your own schedule.
- This job typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- You can find work through freelance websites like Upwork or through job boards like FlexJobs or Indeed.
- On average, virtual bookkeepers earn around $20 to $50 per hour, while more experienced accountants can earn upwards of $80 per hour.
It’s important to have a strong understanding of accounting principles and software, like QuickBooks or Xero, to be successful in this field. Additionally, strong communication skills and attention to detail are essential for managing your clients’ finances and ensuring accuracy.
Is there high demand for virtual bookkeepers?
Yes, there is a high demand for virtual bookkeepers due to the increasing number of businesses that are transitioning to remote work arrangements. This demand is expected to continue due to the benefits of hiring virtual bookkeepers, such as:
- Reduced overhead costs for businesses
- Flexibility in terms of work hours and availability
- Access to specialized skills or expertise
- Improved efficiency, accuracy, and security
Various websites and products catering to virtual bookkeeping services reflect this growing demand, providing both business owners and job seekers with plenty of resources and opportunities in the field.
As more companies and industries shift towards remote work, the opportunities for work from home jobs continue to grow. While some may think that working from home may not pay as much as a traditional office job, the reality is that many remote workers earn competitive salaries. Therefore, it’s important to identify a job that aligns with one’s interests, skills, and desired salary. The top work from home jobs of 2021 include software development, medical coding and billing, social media management, freelance writing and editing, and virtual accounting and bookkeeping. These jobs offer different levels of flexibility, compensation, and skill requirements. One can easily find these job postings on online job boards like Flexjobs, Remote.co, and Working Nomads. With the right mindset, skillset, and tools, one can also take advantage of these opportunities, grow their career while working from the comfort of their own home.