In today’s busy world, anything that can save time and offer convenience is warmly welcomed. Ordering groceries online and having them delivered to one’s doorstep is one such convenience that has been gaining popularity in recent years. The COVID-19 pandemic has only accelerated this trend, with many people opting to stay at home and avoid crowded stores. Among the top online grocery delivery services, Instacart has emerged as a leading choice for many consumers. Founded in 2012, Instacart partners with local stores to provide customers with the convenience of online ordering and same-day delivery of groceries, household items, and other essentials. With millions of users across North America and over 500% growth in customer orders as of 2020, Instacart’s popularity comes as no surprise. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at Instacart’s features, pros and cons, customer satisfaction, and how it stacks up against its competitors.
How Instacart Works
Instacart is a simple and user-friendly app that allows customers to place online orders for groceries and other essentials. Here is a brief overview of the ordering process:
- Create an account on the Instacart app or website
- Browse through the list of grocery stores available in your area and select the store that you want to order from
- Add items to your virtual cart and proceed to checkout
- Select a delivery time that works for you and enter your address for delivery
- Enter your payment information and place your order
- Receive updates on your order status and track your delivery in real-time
Instacart employs shoppers, who are responsible for picking and packing the items in your order. Depending on your location, you may be able to select a specific shopper or have one automatically assigned to you. Shoppers are required to follow any special requests or instructions that you provide in the app, such as substitutions or contactless delivery. You can communicate with your shopper through the app’s messaging feature if you have any questions or concerns about your order. Once your order is ready for delivery, an Instacart driver will bring it to your doorstep within the designated time frame.
What is the Instacart app used for?
The Instacart app is an online grocery delivery and pick-up service that allows users to order groceries from local stores and have them delivered right to their doorstep. The app is primarily used for:
- Browsing and buying groceries online
- Selecting a delivery or pickup time
- Tracking the status of your order
- Communicating with your shopper about substitutions or other issues
Instacart partners with a variety of grocery stores, such as Kroger, Costco, and Safeway, to offer a wide selection of items for customers to choose from. Users can either pay a delivery fee for their order to be delivered to their doorstep, or they can choose to schedule a pickup time and pick up their order themselves.
Instacart Review: Pros
Instacart offers a variety of benefits that make it an attractive option for online grocery shopping. Here are some of the pros of using Instacart:
|Convenient and easy to use
|Saves time and energy
|Wide selection of stores and products
|Good customer service experience
|Option to choose delivery time
Not only does Instacart provide safe and stress-free grocery shopping from the comfort of your own home, it also offers a range of benefits that set it apart from traditional in-store shopping. Did you know that Instacart also offers a membership program known as Instacart Express? For a monthly or annual fee, members can enjoy unlimited free delivery on orders over $35, no delivery fees during peak hours, and reduced service fees. This program is especially useful for frequent Instacart users who are looking to save more money in the long run.
Why you should use Instacart?
- Save time by avoiding trips to the grocery store
- Choose from a variety of stores in your area
- Get same-day delivery in as little as one hour
- Enjoy exclusive deals and coupons through the Instacart app
- Easily track your order and communicate with your shopper
Instacart makes grocery shopping quick and convenient, with a wide selection of options and reliable delivery. Try it out and simplify your shopping routine today!
Instacart Review: Cons
While Instacart has several benefits, there are also some downsides to using the service. Here are a few cons to consider:
|Delivery fees can add up
|Prices can be higher than in-store prices
|Inconsistent availability of products
|Some shoppers may not follow instructions/preferences
|Limited payment options
While Instacart provides a convenient and efficient way to grocery shop from home, it’s important to note some of the downsides to using the service. While delivery fees are standard with any delivery service, they can add up quickly if you’re not careful. Additionally, prices for products can be higher than in-store prices, so it’s important to keep an eye on the total cost of your order. One issue users often face is the inconsistency of product availability with some popular items being sold out or unavailable for delivery. In addition, there have been instances when shoppers fail to follow customers’ instructions, like picking the wrong item or choosing produce that is not ripe, which can be frustrating for customers. Also, Instacart has limited payment options compared to other delivery services that offer cash-on-delivery or alternative payment options.
What is the downside of Instacart?
- Higher Prices: Some users have reported that Instacart charges higher-than-retail prices for items.
- Delivery Fees: Instacart charges delivery fees on each order, and these vary depending on the size of the order and the time of day.
- Tipping: While optional, customers are encouraged to tip their shoppers, which can add to the overall cost of using the service.
- Item Availability: Due to high demands, sometimes selected items may not be available, which can lead to order delays and refunds.
Customer Satisfaction and Feedback
One of the best ways to evaluate a service is by looking at customer satisfaction ratings and feedback. Here are some takeaways from Instacart customer reviews:
- The app has a 4.7 rating on the App Store with over 1.8 million reviews.
- Customers praise Instacart for its convenience and time-saving benefits.
- Complaints commonly involve late deliveries, issues with refunds, and incorrect items being delivered.
- Many customers appreciate the ability to communicate directly with their shoppers through the app.
- Some users have experienced issues with customer service and insufficient response time to customer inquiries or complaints.
Reading customer reviews is crucial when evaluating a service like Instacart. While the majority of reviews are positive, there are some common complaints to be aware of. Delays in delivery, refunds, and issues with incorrect items are some of the most frequent problems reported. On the other hand, many customers appreciate how easy it is to communicate with their shoppers directly through the app to make changes to their orders or adjust delivery times. However, some users have criticized the customer service experience at Instacart, noting a longer response time to issues or complaints. Based on customer feedback, the overall service and benefits of Instacart are still favorable, but attention should be paid to areas where improvements could be made.
How trustworthy is Instacart?
– Instacart has a Trustpilot score of 3.2 out of 5 based on nearly 14,000 reviews.
– In January 2021, Instacart announced that it had achieved a Level 1 certification for compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
– Instacart states that it conducts rigorous background checks on its personal shoppers, including criminal background checks, before allowing them to work for the platform.
– However, there have been some reports of issues with customer service and orders, as well as allegations of poor treatment of workers.
Comparison with Competitors
Instacart is just one of several online grocery delivery services on the market. Here’s how it compares to some of its top competitors:
- Owned by Target
- Membership-based service
- Offers same-day delivery
- Delivery fees start at $7, with free delivery on orders over $35 for subscribers
Grocery Pickup & Delivery by Walmart
- Affordable option for customers on a budget
- Minimum order value of $35
- Offers free same-day pickup and delivery for orders over $35
- Monthly subscription available for unlimited deliveries at an additional cost
- Owned by Amazon
- Offers same-day and next-day delivery in select areas
- Requires an Amazon Prime membership to use
- Delivery fees vary based on order size and delivery time
While Instacart may not be the cheapest option for online grocery delivery, it offers a wider selection of participating stores and an easy-to-use app. Additionally, the ability to communicate directly with the shopper can give customers more control over their orders. However, those looking for a budget option may prefer Walmart’s Grocery Pickup & Delivery service, while those looking for perks like free same-day delivery may opt for Amazon Fresh – as long as they have an Amazon Prime membership. Ultimately, the decision for which online grocery delivery service to use comes down to personal preferences and priorities.
How is Instacart different?
- Instacart offers same-day grocery delivery from a variety of stores, including popular chains like Aldi, Publix, and Kroger.
- Customers can shop online or with an app and have their groceries delivered to their door in as little as one hour.
- Instacart also offers a premium service called Instacart Express, which includes free delivery on orders over $35 and reduced service fees.
Instacart has become a popular option in the grocery delivery market, and for good reason. Its easy-to-use app, wide selection of participating stores, and good customer service experience make it a convenient and reliable option for customers looking to save time and energy on grocery shopping. However, there are some downsides, including the possibility of inconsistent product availability and higher prices than in-store.
When deciding whether or not to use Instacart, customer priorities and budgets should be considered. For those willing to pay a bit more for convenience, Instacart is a great option. For customers on a budget who are willing to sacrifice some convenience, other options like Walmart’s Grocery Pickup & Delivery or Shipt may be more appealing.
Overall, Instacart provides a valuable service that has helped many during the pandemic. With the ability to deliver groceries right to one’s doorstep, customers can easily access essential goods without leaving their homes. While Instacart may not be the perfect solution for everyone, it remains an excellent choice for those who prioritize convenience and flexibility.