The global COVID-19 pandemic has fundamentally changed the way that many people work, prompting a shift towards remote work. As such, companies have had to quickly adapt to remote work and many are now actively hiring individuals to work from home. Remote work offers numerous benefits, such as increased flexibility and cost savings for both employers and employees. The trend towards remote work is predicted to continue even after the pandemic has subsided, making it a desirable career option for many job seekers. As such, it’s never been a better time to explore remote work opportunities and find companies that are actively hiring remote employees. In this article, we will explore companies that are currently hiring work from home positions, provide tips for finding remote jobs, and share advice for how to prepare for a remote job interview.
Top Companies Hiring Work From Home 2020
- Amazon – Amazon is currently hiring remote employees in a variety of fields, including customer service, IT, and marketing.
- Dell – Dell frequently hires remote employees in IT, sales, and customer service roles.
- GitHub – GitHub has always had a remote-friendly culture and frequently hires remote employees in software engineering and developer roles.
- HubSpot – HubSpot, a leading marketing and sales software company, hires remote employees in sales and customer service.
- Intuit – Intuit, the maker of QuickBooks and TurboTax software, hires remote workers in a variety of roles, including software engineering and customer service.
- Zapier – Zapier is a software automation platform that operates 100% remotely. They frequently hire remote employees in marketing, engineering, and customer support roles.
These companies represent just a handful of the many employers who have embraced remote work and are frequently hiring remote employees. Other resources for finding work from home job opportunities include job boards such as FlexJobs, Remote.co, and We Work Remotely.
What Job Has the Most Remote Workers?
According to recent statistics, the technology industry has the most remote workers. However, the number of remote workers is growing in other industries such as marketing, healthcare, and finance. Here are some relevant facts:
- Technology industry has the highest rate of remote workers – 47%
- Marketing and advertising industry increased remote workforce by 44% in the past five years
- 40% of healthcare jobs can be done remotely, including medical coding and transcription
- More than half of financial service workers work remotely at least once a month
If you’re interested in exploring remote work opportunities in any of these industries, job search websites like Remote.co, FlexJobs, and We Work Remotely offer a variety of options.
Company Benefits for Remote Workers
Companies that offer remote work opportunities often provide a variety of perks and benefits to their employees. These include:
- Flexible work hours that allow employees to work on their own schedules.
- The ability to work from anywhere, eliminating daily commutes and reducing transportation costs.
- Increased productivity due to fewer distractions and less time spent commuting.
- Access to a wider pool of job opportunities, regardless of where an employee is based.
- Reduced overhead costs for companies that don’t need to maintain physical office spaces.
In addition to these benefits, companies that offer remote work opportunities may also provide their employees with technology and equipment to help them work efficiently from home. For example, Dell provides its remote employees with laptops and monitors, while GitHub has a monthly stipend for its remote employees to set up their home office.
According to a recent study by FlexJobs, remote work has been on the rise in recent years, with a 159% increase in remote work job postings between 2005 and 2017. This trend is likely to continue as more companies recognize the benefits of remote work and as technology improves to facilitate remote collaboration.
|Company||Industry||Remote Jobs Available|
|Amazon||Retail/E-commerce||Customer service, IT, marketing|
|Dell||IT/Computer Technology||IT, sales, customer service|
|GitHub||Software Development||Software engineering, developer|
|HubSpot||Marketing/Sales Software||Sales, customer service|
|Intuit||Accounting Software||Software engineering, customer service|
|Zapier||Automation Software||Marketing, engineering, customer support|
If you’re looking for companies hiring work from home in 2020, be sure to check out these top remote employers and visit their websites to learn more about their job opportunities. Additionally, job boards like FlexJobs and Remote.co are great resources for finding work from home jobs in a variety of industries.
How do companies benefit from remote workers?
- Reduced overhead costs for office space and utilities
- Access to a wider pool of talent beyond geographic limitations
- Increased productivity and employee satisfaction due to flexible work options
- Improved diversity and inclusion by hiring individuals from various backgrounds and locations
- Lower employee turnover rates
Additionally, some companies offer virtual communication and productivity tools, such as Slack and Asana, to help remote workers stay connected and on track with their tasks and goals.
Tips for Finding Remote Jobs
If you’re interested in finding a remote job, there are several things you can do to increase your chances of success:
- Networking: Connect with others in your industry through social media, online forums, and professional organizations.
- Search for remote job boards: Websites like FlexJobs, Remote.co, and We Work Remotely specialize in remote job postings.
- Tailor your resume and cover letter: Highlight your remote work skills and experience to show potential employers you’re a good fit for a remote role.
- Build your online presence: Create a professional website or online portfolio to showcase your work and skills.
- Be open to contract and freelance work: Many remote opportunities may start off as contract or freelance roles, so be open to these types of opportunities.
It’s important to do your research and be discerning when it comes to remote job opportunities. Make sure to thoroughly research any potential employer before applying and always be on the lookout for scams or job postings that seem too good to be true.
Another helpful resource for those looking for remote work is LinkedIn. The professional networking site allows users to filter job postings by remote work and includes a feature that shows how well-suited you are for a role based on your profile. By taking advantage of LinkedIn’s tools and features, you can increase your visibility to potential employers and find remote job opportunities that match your skills and experience.
How do I prepare for a remote job?
Preparing for a remote job involves understanding the skills and knowledge required to succeed while working from home. Here are some tips to help you prepare:
- Make sure you have the necessary equipment, including a reliable computer, high-speed internet connection, and a comfortable workspace.
- Get familiar with remote work tools such as video conferencing platforms, project management software, and team communication apps.
- Develop time management skills to ensure you stay productive and meet your deadlines, even without direct supervision or daily check-ins.
- Practice effective communication, both written and verbal, to maintain clear and consistent communication with your team and manager.
Additionally, there are numerous websites and products available that can help you prepare for a remote job. For example, websites like Remote.co provide job listings, resources, and advice for remote workers. Time management apps like Trello and Slack can help you stay on top of your work and communicate effectively with your team.
With the COVID-19 pandemic, the number of companies hiring work from home 2020 has significantly increased. Many businesses have adapted to remote work and are now offering work from home opportunities for their employees. This shift has opened up a whole new job market for those with the necessary skills and equipment to work from home.
Remote job opportunities can vary from customer service representatives and data entry clerks to web developers and graphic designers. With the help of technology, it’s now possible for many people to work from the comfort of their own home. Some companies that are currently hiring remote workers include Amazon, Apple, Dell, and Salesforce.
Working from home has many benefits for both employers and employees. Companies can save on office expenses and employees can save on commuting costs. In addition, remote work can lead to a better work-life balance for employees, resulting in increased productivity and job satisfaction.
If you’re interested in finding work from home opportunities, there are many websites and job boards dedicated to remote job postings. Some popular sites include FlexJobs, Remote.co, and We Work Remotely. It’s important to do your research and find the right opportunity for you.
In conclusion, the COVID-19 pandemic has led to an increase in companies hiring work from home 2020. This shift has opened up a new job market for those with the necessary skills to work remotely. With the help of technology, remote work is becoming more and more common in a variety of industries. Take advantage of this trend by researching work from home opportunities and finding the right fit for you.
What is the difference between a personal interview and a remote interview?
|Personal Interview||Remote Interview|
|Conducted in person||Conducted via phone, video call or webcam|
|Candidate and interviewer are in the same physical location||Candidate and interviewer can be located anywhere in the world|
|Potential for non-verbal cues to be observed and analysed||Non-verbal cues may not be as noticeable or may be limited by technology|
|May require more preparation and time for both candidate and interviewer due to travel||Can be more convenient and time efficient for both parties|
- Personal interviews are often preferred for higher level positions or for companies that place a high value on interpersonal skills and rapport building.
- Remote interviews are on the rise due to advances in technology and the increasing popularity of remote work.
- Remote interviews may require additional preparation on the candidate’s part, such as testing equipment and ensuring a quiet space for the call.
If you are preparing for a remote interview, be sure to test your equipment beforehand and make sure you have a strong and reliable internet connection to avoid potential technical issues.
Companies Hiring Work From Home 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the move towards remote work, making it an essential part of many businesses. Here are some of the trends for the future of remote work:
- Increased flexibility: Employers who offer remote work will likely continue to offer it, even post-pandemic, to retain employees and offer them greater flexibility in their work-life balance.
- Remote work becomes the new normal: For some businesses, remote work has become the norm, and they may not return to a traditional office setting even when the pandemic ends.
- New technology: With remote work becoming more popular, it’s likely that new technology will emerge to support it, such as virtual reality meetings and better home office equipment.
- Increased competition for jobs: As remote work becomes more popular, there may be an increase in competition for these positions.
- Challenges for communication and collaboration: As remote work expands, businesses will need to find ways to overcome challenges related to communication and collaboration.
The future of remote work is uncertain, but it’s clear that it’s here to stay in some capacity. As businesses adapt, it’s important for employees to stay up-to-date with remote work trends to remain competitive. If you’re looking for a remote work opportunity, websites like Flexjobs and Indeed have updated job listings for companies hiring work from home 2020.
What is the future of work working remotely?
The COVID-19 pandemic has led to a significant rise in remote work and flexible workplaces. Many companies have found that having employees work remotely could be a more cost-effective option. Additionally, many people prefer remote work for its flexibility and better work-life balance.
Here are some facts about remote work:
- Remote work can lead to increased productivity and employee satisfaction.
- The technology and tools needed for remote work have greatly improved in recent years.
- Remote work can reduce the environmental impact of commuting and save time and money for employees.
However, there are also challenges to remote work, including:
- Distracted work environments.
- Potential loneliness and isolation for remote workers.
- The need for strong communication and collaboration tools.
Many companies are embracing remote work and offering more flexible work options. Websites like Remote.co and FlexJobs offer resources and job opportunities for those looking to work remotely.
The COVID-19 pandemic has brought about significant changes and challenges in the world of work, including the widespread adoption of remote work. However, it has also shown that remote work is not only possible but can be highly successful. More and more companies continue to embrace remote work, and as technology advances, we can expect it to become a viable option for more and more employees in the future.
Job seekers looking for remote work can benefit tremendously from keeping up-to-date with the latest job postings and trends. Utilizing online job search websites such as Indeed, LinkedIn, and Remote.co is a great place to start. It’s also important to focus on developing the skills desirable for remote work such as self-motivation, effective time management, and excellent communication skills.
In conclusion, remote work is a growing trend that is here to stay. It offers benefits like flexibility, enhanced work-life balance and increased job opportunities. With the right opportunities and preparation, remote work can help individuals achieve professional success and overall life satisfaction.