In today’s world, 13-year-olds are surrounded by technology, which also provides them an opportunity to make money online. With parents and teachers often limiting the time that a 13-year-old can work due to school hours and restrictions on the types of jobs available, apps have provided a new avenue for them to make money independently. The flexibility of these apps means that they can be used in their free time, meaning they can continue to focus on their studies and other aspects of their life. However, it’s essential to remember that not all online money-making apps are appropriate or safe for 13-year-olds. Therefore, it is crucial to find secure and legit money-making apps for 13-year-olds to use, keeping their safety and well-being in mind. In this article, we will explore popular apps that they can use to make some cash while balancing their studies and learning the value of money.
Popular Money Making Apps for 13-Year-Olds
- Swagbucks: A popular app that offers various ways to earn points, such as taking surveys, watching videos, and shopping online.
- Survey Junkie: An online survey website that pays users for participating in market research surveys and other offers.
- UserTesting: This app offers cash rewards for performing simple tasks such as testing new products or giving feedback on user interfaces.
- Ibotta: A cashback app that pays users for purchasing products from affiliated stores.
- Rover: An app that pays users to walk and take care of dogs. It is perfect for animal-loving teenagers who want to make some extra cash.
There are many more apps for 13-year-olds that can help them make money as well. However, it’s essential to check the rules and regulations of each app before using them. Many apps have age limitations and require parental consent for their teenage users.
What’s the best app to earn money?
Here are some great apps that can help you earn money:
- Ibotta: This coupon app offers cashback for specific purchases at a variety of retail stores.
- Sweatcoin: This app rewards you for every step you take by converting them into virtual currency.
- Survey Junkie: This app pays you for taking surveys and providing feedback.
- Acorns: This app rounds up your purchases and invests the difference, helping you save money in the long run.
Survey Junkie, an online survey website, is one of the most popular apps for teens to make money. Here’s what you need to know about using Survey Junkie:
Survey Junkie is one of the most trusted survey websites, with approximately 3 million members so far. It is an excellent platform for teens who want to get paid for their opinion quickly, instead of waiting for a long time to earn points or rewards.
Is Survey Junkie the best survey app?
Survey Junkie is a popular survey app that offers users the opportunity to earn money by completing online surveys. While Survey Junkie is a well-known survey app, it’s not necessarily the best one available.
Here are some other survey apps you might want to consider:
- Swagbucks: This app offers more ways to earn money beyond just taking surveys, like watching videos, playing games, and shopping online.
- Pinecone Research: This survey app has a high payout rate and offers surveys on a wide range of topics.
- Vindale Research: Another survey app with a high payout rate and a wide variety of survey options.
Ultimately, the best survey app for you will depend on your personal preferences and earning goals. It’s a good idea to try out a few different apps to decide which one works best for you.
Swagbucks is a popular app that offers various ways to earn Swagbucks (SB) points, which can be redeemed for cash or gift cards. Here’s what you need to know about using Swagbucks:
Swagbucks has been around since 2008 and has paid out over $400 million in rewards. With Swagbucks, teens can earn points through various activities and get paid for their efforts. It is easy to use, and the sign-up process is straightforward. Swagbucks is an excellent option for teens who are looking to make money online in their free time.
What does Swagbucks offer?
Swagbucks is a rewards and loyalty-program website that allows users to earn virtual currency called “Swagbucks.” Below are some of the ways Swagbucks can be earned:
- Completing online surveys and polls
- Watching videos and trailers
- Playing games
- Shopping online
- Using Swagbucks search engine
- Referring friends and family to join Swagbucks
Swagbucks can be exchanged for gift cards or cashback to various retailers like Amazon, Walmart, and Starbucks. Additionally, Swagbucks offers users exclusive coupons, discounts and deals on their website, making them a one-stop-shop for earning money and saving on purchases.
UserTesting is an app that allows users to get paid by testing websites and apps. Here’s what you need to know about using UserTesting:
- Users will get paid $10 for each 20-minute test they take. Some tests take less than 20 minutes, which means more money for less time.
- Tests involve audio and video recording, so users must have a microphone and webcam to participate.
- Users must be at least 18 years old to sign up, and they must pass a qualification test before becoming a tester.
- Tests are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, so it’s important to check the app regularly for new opportunities.
UserTesting is a reputable platform that has been around for more than a decade. It is an excellent option for teens who have a knack for testing websites and apps and are comfortable being recorded on camera. With UserTesting, teens can make money for completing simple tasks in their spare time.
How do you get paid on UserTesting?
- UserTesting pays its testers via PayPal.
- Testers get paid $10 for every 20-minute test and $30 for every 60-minute test.
- Payments are made 7 days after the test is completed.
- Testers need a PayPal account with a verified email and banking information to receive payments.
Tips for using money-making apps
Using money-making apps can be a great way for 13-year-olds to make some extra cash. Here are some tips to help them use these apps safely and effectively:
- Set clear goals for how much you want to earn and how you plan to use your earnings.
- Be cautious when providing personal information, such as your name, address, or phone number, to avoid scams or unwanted solicitations.
- Read the app’s terms and conditions carefully before signing up to avoid any confusion or unexpected surprises.
- Avoid submitting false information to try and get more money. Honesty and accuracy are essential when taking surveys or testing apps.
- Check the legitimacy of the apps you want to use by reading reviews or asking for recommendations from trusted sources.
- Monitor your child’s use of these apps to ensure they are safe and age-appropriate.
By following these tips, 13-year-olds can effectively use these money-making apps to make some extra cash while learning important financial skills.
What is a good app to make extra money?
Here are some popular apps that can help you make extra money:
- Uber or Lyft – If you have a car and some free time, you can become a driver for Uber or Lyft and earn extra cash by giving rides to people.
- Swagbucks – Swagbucks rewards you for completing online surveys, watching videos, and more, all from your phone.
- Ibotta – Ibotta is a cashback app that lets you earn money back on your everyday purchases, like groceries and household essentials.
- TaskRabbit – On TaskRabbit, you can find local odd jobs such as running errands, cleaning, and assembling furniture.
In summary, there are several apps that 13-year-olds can use to make money. From taking surveys to testing apps, these apps offer convenient and accessible opportunities to make a little extra cash. However, it’s important to be mindful of the risks and to use these apps safely and responsibly. If you are a parent or guardian, it’s important to monitor your child’s use of these apps and to help them set realistic goals and manage their earnings effectively. By following these tips, kids can learn important financial skills while making some extra money on the side.